Nature Knows No Boundaries
An international project, which was conducted by Green Perspective Foundation from 2004 till 2006 in cooperation with our polish partner organization Olszówka Polish Society, WWF in Hungary and ZO CSOP Salamander from the Czech Republic. The goal of this project was to promote and implement activities for the increase of environmental awareness of citizens in the mountainous border areas. Project activities were focused on awareness of the importance of forest protection for the landscape stability and the necessity of personal responsibility of each individual for the protection of forests and the environment around them. We have tried to highlight in particular the fact that nature knows no boundaries and therefore the reduced ecological stability in one region as a result of the devastation of forests can contribute to increased runoff of water and subsequent flooding in neighboring regions. This project was co-financed by the Phare CBC Program from the European Union and the International Visegrad Fund.
Projects mani activities:
- Book donations (donating ecological publications to municipal libraries).
- Educational activities (lectures for the pubic).
- Forest Protection Action of the Year (International Competition running in the V4 countries).
- Photo Competition Beautiful Nature of the Beskyds and an exhibition Nature Knows No Boundaries.
- Green Center (lending publications, movies and expertise).
- Support for a Thesis.
- International excursion tour of foresters (from the V4 countries to the fir-beech forests of Slovakia).
- Translation and publication of a brochure The Living Forest to polish and hungarian and its distribution in Poland, Hungary and Czech Republic.